Listen to According To Me


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Letter 19 - Someone That Pesters Your Mind - Good or Bad

Dear Lamont,

I wanted to pick the right letter to write to you, and I figured that this one would probably fit you the best. You pester the hell out of my me, good and bad.

Sometimes, you are a fantastic best friend. Your there when I need someone to listen to me and your there when I just need someone to kick it with for a bit. You've heard all my stories and helped me out with a lot of the drama that has surrounded my life for the past five years. I'm really glad we've stuck through it and kept in touch for so long.

The reason I say you pester me is because of all the nonsense you bring with you. I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, your just greatly unique. I don't think I would put up with half the shit you pull with me if it came from anyone else.

So when you moving? I think you've told me hundred different times that your moving, to New York, to Florida, to Richmond. I can't keep track. But its cool, I like you sticking around here.

Its funny, the way we started out as just casual friends passing in the hall to friends that really rely on one another for support from time to time. I hate to say it but you've made me a better person. Stay around, lets see how much more havoc we can cause.

Your friend,
Cam

P.S. If I didn't totally each shit and scrap half the skin off my arm and hip last night while we were racing, I totally would have beat you just like that time at the park. I might add I did have a cigarette in my mouth too.

But for tonight, goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. wow cam that means a lot to me and i'm so glad that we are best friends for life we have been through so much in our life its been cray and so fourth and i'm glad that i got to share my life with you and i hope someday when i get big you will be there by my side with me thanks for being that true real friend that everyone needs and i hope it last for ever and i know it will no matter what may come our way good and bad love you bro !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True Best Friends
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Like a needle in a haystack,
    true friends are hard to find.
    That's why I'm so thankful that I can call you mine.
    Whenever I need a shoulder you're there to catch my tears.
    You've kept my many secrets,
    Throughout the past many years.
    You've been there through my afflictions,
    You've witnessed my defeats.
    I'll remember all the good times,
    And pray the bad ones don't repeat.
    With you my heart is honest,
    but there's one thing I never told you.
    Thank you for everything you've done
    There's no one else like you.
    No one that could ever be a
    true "best" friend like you!

    ReplyDelete